- Created on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 21:06
Baselines are a tool to estimate demand reductions
- Measuring demand reductions is an entirely different task than measuring power production
- Power production is metered and thus is measured directly.
- Demand reductions cannot be metered. They must be estimated by indirect approaches.
- In principle, the reduction is simply the difference between electricity use with and without the load curtailment
- However, it is not possible to directly observe or meter what electricity use would have been in the absence of the curtailment – the counterfactual.
- Instead, the counterfactual must be estimated.